When it comes down to it, Education and Technology should be seamless partners.
However, academia must constantly walk the fine line between intellectual exploration and security.
For example, social networking sites have been used as effective teaching tools, yet to allow unguarded access could be catastrophic. Surazal Systems, Inc. supplies technology that is freeing for educators and students, but also protects against potential abuse. Providing solid solutions for education has been one of our founding focuses.
- Our unique approach to network management and maintenance has resulted in top performing technology departments and highly satisfied customers.
- Surazal has been an E-Rate Provider for over 10 years. Schools have benefited from government grants up to 90% off of their networking equipment and support.
- SolidNet MPM focuses on people, security, and performance. This allows customers to work unstressed by technology needs. We provide:
Surazal for Education Network
Products and Services
Surazal for Education consists of three components:
We integrate these three components to bring a complete solution for educational institutions.
School Network Assessments
Help determine the security, performance and level of Integration of your network.
The following is provided:
- Network Health Assessments
- Security/ Risk Assessment
- Reports/ Recommendation
Surazal Managed Services
Provide a consistent 24/7 monitoring and remediation service, onsite and emergency dispatch service.
It also includes:
- 24/7 Fault Management
- Advanced Performance Monitoring
- Security Monitoring
- On site Virtual Engineer
- Remote Technical Support/Helpdesk
Network Equipment and Services
The engineering services consist of complete systems integration services, from design to implementation and installation.
Educational institutions will benefit from:
- High-Speed Wide Area Networks to move large images and data, while connecting remote sites.
- Secure Remote Access for Partners and off-site workers.
- Security Infrastructure Design for securely connecting MFG and Enterprise networks.
- Advanced High-Speed Switching for high performance at each location, including access and data centers.
- Unified Ubiquitous/VOIP Communication Systems allow staff to communicate wherever they are as if they were in the office. Excellent solution for sales executives, outside technicians, and other employees.
- Structured Wiring Solutions copper and fiber optics design and installation to provide neat and clean wiring and server rooms, and to assure wireless and wired networks perform at their peak.
E-Rate for North Carolina Schools
Surazal Systems provides networking equipment and maintenance services to North Carolina schools through the E-Rate Program.
As an E-Rate service provider, Network Equipment, Maintenance and Design, and Installation can be delivered for minimal expense to the school system. The cost per student is remarkably low. We provide additional IT staff at your discretion with no additional cost. Our on-site Virtual Employees provide WAN/LAN expertise and network equipment support, eliminating back-logs for change and break-fix requests.
What is USAC?
The Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) is an independent, not-for-profit corporation created in 1997 to collect universal service contributions from telecommunications carriers and administer universal support mechanisms (programs) designed to help communities across the country secure access to affordable telecommunications services. The USAC carries out its functions as the administrator of the federal universal service programs and universal service fund (USF) under the oversight of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
The universal service Schools and Libraries Program, commonly known as “E-Rate”, provides discounts of up to 90 percent to assist most schools and libraries in the United States obtain affordable telecommunications and internet access, internal connections, and equipment. The E-rate program provides $2.25 billion annually to U.S. school districts and public libraries to help fund telecommunications and advanced networking purchases. The discount, which is based on location and poverty level, can range from 20% to 90% of the cost of eligible services.
If you are interested in the e-rate program, have questions about getting started or need information on product eligibility, product substitutions, invoicing, or compliance issues, contact Surazal Systems, Inc. at (919) 342-6600 X205 or click here .
Step 1: Competitive Bidding: https://www.usac.org/e-rate/applicant-process/competitive-bidding/
Step 2: Selecting Service Providers: https://www.usac.org/e-rate/applicant-process/selecting-service-providers/
For more information click here: https://www.usac.org/e-rate/applicant-process/before-you-begin/
Applying for E-rate Support, the Surazal Systems Service Provider Identification Number (SPIN) is 143021108. When selecting Surazal as your provider, make sure to enter this number on Form 471.